Most older houses have their charm but, but when it comes to the cold winter months, it can be a frank reminder to how cold an older house can get. Here are a few tips on how to keep your house warm during the winter whilst saving money and even protecting the environment!
- Radiator enhancers fitted behind your radiator stop the heat going into the walls and reflect it back into the room which is how you can save up to 8% on your heating bill.
- Sealing up the gaps in your floor boards and skirting is another surefire way to keep your house warm in the winter months and it doesn't cost the earth either.
- Draught proof your doors and windows as they can lose up to 30% of your heat. Is important to keep in mind at this point that all the properties do tend to need ventilation, so only treat the doors and windows with noticeable draughts.
- Topping up your loft installation is also a fantastic way to ensure that your house keeps warmer during the winter, rockwool is the cheapest but the more efficient type of installation is provided by thermafleece which last longer and helps support the British farming industry. Insuring your installation is around 12 inches thick is also a must.
- Double or secondary glazing is a fantastic way to ensure that your house keeps warm as over 70% of heat is lost through windows.
- External wall insulation is a great way to ensure that your house keeps wall however this can be costly, and affect the appearance of your home.
- Correctly insulate your pipes in the loft - Ensuring that you have the best pipe insulation possible is a fantastic way to ensure that heat is not getting lost when flowing through the pipes. This will also ensure that your pipes don't freeze and possibly burst, so Pipe insulation is vital in this regard.
- You can also look into floor insulation. If you have a seller then this is a fantastic way to keep your home warm as installation can be fitted up between the ceiling joists.
We here at Specialist Insulation Supplies are on hand to help you with all types of insulation requirements. If you are looking for help with pipe insulation then feel free to give us a call and we can discuss your requirements. We have been proudly helping the insulation industry as one of its leading pip insulation suppliers for many years.
When it comes to pipe insulation and all your insulation needs, always think SIS!